Monday, December 17, 2007

MPM and Construction

It's going to go something like this:

spaghetti, foccacia, salad
chicken something, steamed broccoli*
grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, tomato soup
chicken nuggets, 'cafeteria' mac n cheese, green beans
tuna sandwiches, pickles, carrot sticks
oriental noodle bowls with turkey and veggies

*If you're thinking we eat a lot of broccoli, we do. It's the one vegetable that the whole family likes.

That's as far as I can think right now. I don't have much in the way of a menu.
But I DO have construction photos!

This is what we started with:

An enclosed garage.

On the other side of the exposed studs is our miniature laundry room.
See:
It's tiny. Seriously. It's only as wide as the washer and dryer.
Once it was opened up:

And now:

Plenty of room for laundry baskets, some shelving, a drying rod and best of all I won't be face down in cat's box when I put clothes into the dryer! I'm so excited!
The outside:
To the left is our chest freezer, water softener, hot water heater and a whole slew of junk! There will be a small storage area. Hopefully we'll keep it neater than this!
Here is the room being framed:
And the closet, which is outside the room. Which hurts because this addition won't be considered a bedroom since there is no closet inside. However, it does give the boy more useable space.
Sheetrock going up:

And here it is insulated:

I know you were just dying to see that pink fuzzy stuff. You're welcome.

See that table? I have special plans for that. If I'm successful, I'll post about it.
'Till next time...be blessed!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Great menu....yummy on the Tortilla Pie :)

Happy Holidays!

♥Sandra♥